[rescue] UnOracle patches for Solaris (Sandwich Maker)

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri May 21 07:54:25 CDT 2010

On 05/21/10 08:31, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> On Friday 21 May 2010, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> On 05/21/10 05:45, Ian Finder wrote:
>>> If it doesn't sell, I'd consider fronting you the $125 to ensure it
>>> is not scrapped.
>>
>> I wish I had anything even close to the space and power for an
>>  E10K...
>
> A square meter and a few circuits supplying at most 60A at 240V should
> do it.

I don't think we even HAVE a 240V circuit in this house.  Everything
that isn't 120V is gas-fired.  But even if we did, our power bills are
hihg enough already with neither of us employed, without increasing the
amount of power consumed running computers by a factor of 400%.  Heck, I
gave my E3000 to JD Fogg because I couldn't afford to run it.

Yeah, technically I could physically *FIT* an E10K in the deckhouse,
with some reorganizing.  (Probably starting with getting rid of the
treadmill that no-one actually uses.)  It'd be non-trivial getting it up
the back stairs and in there, for sure.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.