[rescue] UnOracle patches for Solaris (Sandwich Maker)

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezicsb at gmail.com
Fri May 21 03:59:47 CDT 2010

CRAP.  CRAP!!  Does Gmail *really* bind ^H to "send"?  Seriously?  Did
I just paste an entire digest into an empty reply?  Jeez, is my face
red.  *Sorry* for the idiotic waste of electrons... :-/

On Thu, 20 May 2010, "Jonathan J. M. Katz" wrote:

> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Michael Thompson <
> michael.99.thompson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > what's the ss5-cray interface, sbus card?
>>
>> Thinwire Ethernet.
>
> I thought it was HIPPI to the CS6400 and CM5? I have cobwebs between my ears
> on that these days.

Nope, it's JTAG from the SSP to the CS6400.  I have a pair of the Sbus
cards in Classics to serve as SSPs for my SuperDragons.  And as
someone wondered aloud recently, I too am curious if I could put
multiple cards in one SSP and monitor two machines from one box.  It's
doubtful, but would be interesting to try.  However, the likelihood of
my ever finding/affording a place with the capacity to run even *one*
of them at a time is already vanishingly small...  Sigh.

There's currently a 24-way E10k on Ebay that started at $999 and is
now relisted (after several weeks) at $125.  Austin, TX.  Being broke
SUCKS.

-- Chris