[rescue] WTB: SGI (MIPS architecture) Systems

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Fri May 21 00:43:04 CDT 2010

Bought which? Was there an auction or something?

My buddy found mine at RePc Seattle for 20 bucks and grabbed it knowing I'd
want it. Says 'MardiGras prototype' on back. The front says R10k but it's a
R4.4K. Maybe the door was replaced? The GFX seem close to stock but I have yet
to examine them closely. Seems to work but haven't installed the OS yet.

Funny thing is I thought it was broken for a second because it kept kernel
panicing on sash64-- before I hinv'ed it again and realized the CPU badge on
front was wrong.

The prototype badges are on the back though, so I think it really is the
prototype HW.

Pics coming soon if people are interested?
---
Sent via mobile.