[rescue] UnOracle patches for Solaris (Sandwich Maker)

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu May 20 18:51:55 CDT 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 07:43:46PM -0400, Jonathan J. M. Katz wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Michael Thompson <
> michael.99.thompson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > what's the ss5-cray interface, sbus card?
> >
> > Thinwire Ethernet.
> >

> I thought it was HIPPI to the CS6400 and CM5? I have cobwebs between my ears
> on that these days.

I thought it was a variant of JTAG to the CS6400.  Google pulls up links
to SunHelp, Wikipedia, and other places that support that.

I have no clue what a CM5 used, but I doubt it was HIPPI.

I also don't know what a J90 used, but since HIPPI was supposed to be an
option, I don't think it was HIPPI.  The J90 boots from an IOS (a VME
SS5 BTW), and I suspect that the IOS netboots from the SS5.