[rescue] Help in reconfiguring Flexline680 (SUN/STK) array

Steve Costaras stevecs at chaven.com
Wed May 19 20:09:11 CDT 2010

Hello-

I've been directed here from another forum.   I've acquired some
old STK/Sun Flexline 680&  600 FC/SATA san units.   These units are
already configured/working and I can see the luns (looks to be configured as
RAID0 / luns of 1TB each in size except for a couple).   Anyway, I have
been trying to find any manuals on them or other documentation to get in
and manage the units.

Basically what I'm looking to do is re-configure the luns (size and raid
type if possible); Upgrade firmware (these are several years old and
from the looks of the attached servers nothing has ever been patched); monitor them.

The problems I am running into are:

- I can find no links to any manuals at all (anyone have one or a pdf of one?).

- I find reference to some array software but can't find the actual software anywhere.   I'm assuming that I would need this to re-configure the luns (i.e. nothing that can be done via the generic scsi driver under linux (what these are attached to) or the ethernet port directly (i.e. web page).

- How to break in to reset passwords or whatnot on the ethernet port so as to accomplish the above.

Like I said pointers would be enough, I know this is old tech but I
can't just shrug off ~40TB raw of storage for a test/lab if I can get it
working/reconfigured to my needs.

Thanks

Steve