[rescue] Oracle making just a little harder to keep old machines in use

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Tue May 18 04:41:57 CDT 2010

On 18/05/10 01:49, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I just installed OpenSolaris on my SunBlade 100 because patches for
> Solaris 10 are getting difficult to get. There is no native graphics
> support for anything SPARC based, except for the most recent models.
> Oh well, maybe I should just keep the SS10sx.

Try and find a copy of an older OpenSolaris release that supports your
machine I have rev .85 installed on mine. That one is the last one that
works correctly for older machines.
  I did try with newer revisions but they did fail for me. However some
are supposed to work with the .115 rev ... what I did is install the
basic packages and then build the rest
from the Netbsd Pkgsrc. and this works.

Michael