[rescue] Oracle making just a little harder to keep old machines in use

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Fri May 7 13:13:50 CDT 2010

> I miss the big iron sgi days too.  I have lots of sgi gear to get rid
> of once I dig my way to the back of storage including a sweet deskside
> Onyx that I got from Ethan in a round about way, but I will never part
> with my indigo 2!
> -Bob

That Cshell dude ended up moving to Germany after getting an engineering
degree!

I still have in storage an Onyx deskside, Origin 2000 rack, Indigo2,
Indigo, and Octane.

I have some spare boards for Onyx/Challenge, and a few flight hardened 4d
series boards.

I plan to test the Onyx, then give away all of the spare boards I have.

I have a spare set or two. SGI gave them to me when they closed the
Hampton Va office.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :