[rescue] Oracle making just a little harder to keep old machines in use

Bob Krzaczek krz at cis.rit.edu
Thu May 6 10:52:08 CDT 2010

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> The last column of that table is in really poor taste.  I'm surprised
> it's still in there.  For a site that claims to be trying to clean up
> its act and improve its reliability and accuracy, it's quite
> astoundingly unprofessional.

You might look closer before rendering judgment.  You're seeing a
snapshot from the history of that page, from August 2008, when the
incident in question was "news".  In fact, if you continue to look
around, you'll see that the column was added twice, and that other
editors acted almost immediately to remove it from the page both times.

"Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress..."

--
Bob Krzaczek, Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science, RIT
phone +1-585-4757196, email krz at cis.rit.edu, icbm 43.0848N 77.6789W