[rescue] Oracle making just a little harder to keep old machines in use

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu May 6 09:00:21 CDT 2010

On 6 May 2010, at 14:06, Mark Brown wrote:
[...]
> Linux really lacks a great filesystem and volume management, imo.

ext4 atop LVM atop md works nicely for me on the BFO box I have at home with
12TB of disk.

I did originally plan for it to be OpenSolaris and ZFS, but while ZFS hit the
spot, the rest of Solaris was too much of a clunky 1980s throwback to keep. So
out it went in favour of Debian, which actually works.