[rescue] Oracle making just a little harder to keep old machines in use

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed May 5 22:39:14 CDT 2010

Patrick Finnegan wrote:

> It's nearly as fun to watch the old farts on this list bitch about Linux
> and how it's not "production capable" as it is to listen to from people
> at work.
>
> Pat

Solaris on x64 is better in many respects than Linux on x64, for
instance in multiple threaded, multi-CPU applications.  It still has a
far superior VM (swapper) subsystem.

Be that as it may, I will be switching over, nearly wholesale, to Linux,
probably by the end of the year; though some fileservers will be FreeBSD
because I just love ZFS so much.

--Patrick