[rescue] This is SICK and TWISTED

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Wed May 5 10:31:50 CDT 2010

>> /me gets out the Gravis Ultrasound card
> In case you didn't know about this already:
> http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Sound#Gravis_Ultrasound
> - Nate

Interesting! I have a Thinkpad with an ISA slot on the back that sort of
worked with the GUS.

I didn't know DosBox could emulate the Creative Labs CMS (Game Blaster)
stuff. That's pretty freaky.

My sound card evooution was Sound Blaster 1.0 (which had AdLib, CMS Game
Blaster, and a single digital channel.) Then it was GUS I believe. Then
Gus Pro.

Friends had AdLibs and Sound Blaster 16s.

Maybe there was a higher end sound blaster in there after the original, I
can't remember.

I've tried to buy a Roland MT-32 a few times, if nothing else than just to
play the opening theme to Space Quest III, over and over and over.

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :