[rescue] I want a VAX

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed May 5 01:47:11 CDT 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010 21:18:46 -0500
William Barnett-Lewis <wlewisiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no room for anything big and, worse yet, no budget. Which means
> unless I find someone throwing out a MicroVAX 3100 or, even better,
> another VLC or the like, there's not much going to happen about it.
I have a MicroVAX 2000 and possibly some 3100-ish machines to share
with. Unfortunately I am on the .eu side of The Big Pond.

Actually, the 3100 machines are not that much fun. If you want
DECwindows a VAXstation 4000 is a much better choice. For tinkering
around and having fun a QBus VAX is much better. A BA23 isn't that big.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen