[rescue] FS: Timex Sinclair 1000 in original box, mostly complete, with TS 2040 printer

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue May 4 19:48:37 CDT 2010

In article <4BE06DF5.60301 at zill.net>,
    Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>  writes:

> Richard wrote:
> > I'll give you $5 if you burn it and post the video on youtube.
> >
> > God, I hated these things.
>
> Sounds like there is quite a story there!
>
> Let's hear it...

I was self-taught in programming until college.  I first learned BASIC
on an HP 2000 minicomputer and then went to BASIC-PLUS on a PDP-11/70
running RSTS/E.  This was before the ZX81 was released.  At some point
my father got a ZX81 for me thinking it was going to be just what I
wanted.  Shitty keyboard.  The "kit" version consisted of soldering on
the RF converter and perhaps 1 capacitor.  Software video refresh
meant that even FOR I=1 TO 100:NEXT I would cause your video to just
drop out.  I think it maybe had audio cassette for "storage", but that
was a joke.  What a piece of crap this thing was.