[rescue] FS: Timex Sinclair 1000 in original box, mostly complete, with TS 2040 printer

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue May 4 15:17:23 CDT 2010

    On Tue, 4 May 2010, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> If it had come out in 1961, you might have had trouble finding
> people that old, but I got my first programing job in high school
> in the summer of 1969.

    Hmmm.  I have a machine dated 1961 -- and it's slightly younger
that I am-- a Packard Bell 250.  It's got acoustic delay-line memory,
germanium transistors, and a Friden Flwxowriter as the console.  It's
bit-serial and pitifully slow by modern standards.

    http://users.rcn.com/crfriend/museum/machines/PB-250.html

    Cheers!