[rescue] Parsytec MC-3 Parallel System

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 15:39:14 CDT 2010

I may pay to have this shipped cross-country. Is that even remotely
possible?

- Ian

On Jun 29, 2010 9:10 AM, "Bob Krzaczek" <krz at cis.rit.edu> wrote:

Having been the recipient of some recent good will, I'm going to try and
keep this ball rolling.  "Paying it forward," if you will.

36 node Parsytec parallel computer, in three MC-3 cabinets.  Each cabinet
weighs somewhere around 65 lbs, and is about 9-1/2" high, 22" wide, and
23-1/2" deep.  They stack, of course.

Each MC-3 contains 12 TPM-MPC processor boards.  Each board has a T805
Transputer, a PPC 604, and 32 MB local RAM.  There's a spare (37th) board,
too.

All the manuals, all the cabling.  Software, too, and I'll throw in the
Exabyte 8mm tape drive that the software is on.

These were the systems with the programmable backplanes.  You could arrange
your processors in a star, a cube, daisy chain, etc.  Pretty cool.  Heck,
I'll even fish around and dig up the Axil (SPARCstation 5 clone) system that
front-ended it, if you want.  :-)

Come on, you know you want to... *laugh*

Cheers,
Bob

--
Bob Krzaczek, Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science, RIT
phone +1-585-4757196, email krz at cis.rit.edu, icbm 43.0848N 77.6789W