[rescue] Looking for available DEC stuff North/Central Indiana

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jun 7 21:49:32 CDT 2010

On 6/7/2010 12:40 AM, Caleb Cupples wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Dan Sikorski<me at dansikorski.com>  wrote:
>
>> I"m in South Bend, IN, and have a MicroVAX 3400 and a VAXServer 3300 as
>>
> well
>
>> as some Sun stuff.  Maybe some SGI.  I also have a nCUBE-2 if that sort of
>> thing interests anyone here. I haven't touched most of the stuff in years
>> and would love to see it go to a good home.
>>

> I'm also interested in the SGI stuff, as well as the Sun hardware, if
> you don't mind dropping a list this way, preferably of stuff that can
> either fit into a small hatchback, or stuff that can be shipped fairly
> easily, because I'm limited to taking only what I can cram into a
> little Suzuki.

I don't have a whole lot of SGI, much more Sun.  I can come up with a
more detailed list when i have a chance to go through it all, a lot of
it is stored about 30 miles away.

SGI:
Indy
O2
Indigo2 (teal, SI graphics, iirc)
Onyx RE2 (dual r4.4k, iirc)

For Sun:
Stack of miscellaneous VME boards.
Stack of Sparc5's 4-5 feet tall, maybe 15 of them? Many just barebones,
no memory, no drives, no framebuffers
1-2 sparc 10's and 20's
4/280
4/670MP
4-5 lunchbox sparc's, IPC/IPX/Classic

Aforementioned nCUBE 2

I have cables, peripherals and monitors for a lot of, but not all of this.

I'm really unsure of what i want to part with and what i want to keep.
Most of this stuff I haven't touched for years, and I need to cut down
some bulk.  At the same time, machines like the Onyx are _almost_ too
cool to let go of.  At this time, I have no interest in shipping any of
it, but could potentially meet somewhere near here.  I will probably be
traveling near Chicago, IL, Indianapolis, IN, Canton, OH, St. Louis, MO,
and Traverse City, MI over the next few months, so if someone is
particularly interested in something and between one of those places and
South Bend, IN, we could possibly arrange a meetup.

     -Dan Sikorski