[rescue] HP-UX 9.05 and IPL error, help?

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Thu Jun 3 08:08:28 CDT 2010

I suppose it's possible. I know 4GB is the upper limit for filesystem
size for the OS, but that's completely different. I was able to take a
4.3GB disk, create a 4GB filesystem on it, and use it as a data disk but
that's different than booting to it.

The helpfile for the OS installer lists at least one 2GB disk as viable
options for installing, but the 32430N is a 2.1 GB. It may be slightly
too big.

I could try updating the PROM and see if that lets me boot the disk.
I've also got some 1GB IBM disks that aren't in the disktab. If I can
find (or create) appropriate disktab entries, perhaps I can install on
and boot one of those. http://docs.hp.com/en/B9106-90011/disktab.4.html
will probably be helpful with that.

#* Barry Callahan
#* Technologist