[rescue] IBM 7026-6M1

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jan 27 21:15:34 CST 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Can anyone with RS/6000 experience comment on the 7026-6M1 with 8x
> 750Mhz procs?

Nice machines if you're running Oracle or applications with a more
commercial instruction mix.  Scientific performance isn't great.

> The one I see only have 8GB, is it easy (I mean cheap/inexpensive) to
> upgrade to more?

Ah, this is your first IBM system?

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."