[rescue] eSATA or firewire in Solaris Sparc system

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jan 14 16:32:54 CST 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

>> Be careful of treating non hot-swap ports as hot-swap. It could cause
>> problems, I only raise it as a concern...
>
> Isn't SATA specified as hot-swap?

Physically, yes.  Logically, "it depends".  Some cheap controllers can be
coerced to hot-swap by the OS, but don't do it on their own.  Many don't
manage it at all.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."