[rescue] Solaris 10 (Sparc) SCSI tape problem

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Sat Aug 21 17:29:44 CDT 2010

On 08/21/10 18:09, Bob wrote:
>    And, of course, before I get my half-assed answer in, either somebody
>    gave him the answer or he found it himself.
>    I'll shut up now... :-)

Wait, you still have a shot at the second half of the problem!  I'm
still trying to figure out how to create an iSCSI target from the tape
device...

The closest I've so far gotten to success is:

# iscsitadm create target -z 0 --lun 0 --type tape -b /dev/rmt/0n LTO2

But that tells me, 'iscsitadm: Error Backing store is not a valid raw
device'.  I've found several variations that don't emit errors, but
don't visibly do anything else including creating any discoverable iSCSI
targets.  I tried this:

# iscsitadm modify admin -d /dev/rmt
# iscsitadm create target -z 0 --lun 0 --type tape 0n

but all that did was make /dev/rmt/0n vanish, still without creating any
discoverable target.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.