[rescue] Help me to identify this Sun graphics card

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Tue Aug 10 05:40:07 CDT 2010

Hi Rescuers,

I've been given a graphics card with the following runes inscribed:

"ATI Radeon Graphics"

"2004 ATI TECHNOLOGIES INC"

"Sun Microsystems Inc
Compliance model No. 855"

"Sun FRU SN: 0054DGN-0623000U0K"

"PN: 109-85530-10"

It has a vanilla VGA connector, a DVI connector, and PCI edge-connector.

I've dug up very little info on the 'net, other than links like this:
http://www.goeurosourceit.com/parts/109-85530-10

Since Oracle took over, I really struggle to find much of use on their website.
I can't even find the "Sun Graphics Platform Matrix" document of yore.

What is this card? -- a model name would  be useful.
Will this work in Solaris-10?  OpenSolaris? Illumos?
Will it work on SPARC, or is it x86-only?

Thanks for any input,
- Andrew