[rescue] looking for some items

Simon Fryer fryers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 15:29:16 CDT 2010

On 23 April 2010 20:08, Sevan / Venture37 <venture37 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23/04/2010 20:52, Simon Fryer wrote:
>>
>> If is a pity that you are not in the UK. After just discovering that
>> NetBSD SMP is no longer working, my SS20 has become a lot less useful.
>> :(
>
> What's wrong with the code??

I just upgraded from an ancient version of NetBSD to 5.0.2, loaded the
MP kernel and got a Trap almost immediatly after the kernel worked out
how much memory was active.

After a bit of reading on the NetBSD FAQs it notes that SMP is broken
for sparc after version 4.

I don't know what the problem is. It has been a while since I have
used NetBSD (I am more an Open person) and I am just getting my head
around it.

If you are interested, I'll grab the text from the console.

Simon