[rescue] Ultra 5 OS

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:50:37 CDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 10:14 AM, "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at artell.net> wrote:

> I'm 3000 miles from them, at the moment, so I can't tell you.  It's
> an old
> Dell midi-tower, Celeron 600, and some semi-nameless $23 SATA
> controller.

Very good, a Celeron 600 (MHz?) server would be old, older than an
400SC (or is it SC400?) which is the oldest Dell server I've spent any
real time with.

I like cheap SATA cards, but only as straight drve controllers, not
for RAID. If it is a Silicon Image chip-based card, there may be a non-
RAID BIOS that would have let you do what you wanted easier... Just a
thought.

Lionel