[rescue] upgrading VAXstation memory

John Floren slawmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:26:27 CDT 2010

Hi
I've got a VAXstation 4000-60 with 32 MB of RAM. I'd like to add some
more RAM for NetBSD, but I'm not exactly sure what my options are.
Googling brings up a few DEC model numbers, but it's $200 for 32 MB in
MS44-DA modules on Ebay. If anyone can offer some alternate models,
sources for purchasing RAM at reasonable prices, or just a couple
sticks that we could work out a deal on, I'd appreciate it.

On a similar note, I'd like to get a bigger and quieter hard disk. The
system has:
onboard NCR 53c94 SCSI-2 narrow (8 bits bus)
internal 50 pin round cable male connector, 3 positions free
external 50 pin centronix female [not a separate bus, last connector
of the internal cable]
I'm not very familiar with SCSI; what would I need to look for when
trying to find a new hard disk?

Thanks

John Floren