[rescue] sad non-rescue

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Apr 19 16:23:44 CDT 2010

I often go to a couple different places looking for deals.

I came across the remains of a gutted Alpha 21264 EV6 (466Mhz) based
system, looking it up it was a DS10L, which would have made a nice
little box ... everything was scrapped, just the motherboard with the
soldered-on EV6 - they even took a screwdriver to the serial ports,
screwing up the pins...

So after some work with a heat gun, I now have two shiny Alpha chips
beside me , the motherboards of course are useless since the ports have
been scraped up and the custom power supply and case are gone to the
scrap heap ...

--Patrick