[rescue] Ultra 5 OS

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Mon Apr 19 16:04:54 CDT 2010

On 4/19/10 3:37 PM, "Patrick Giagnocavo"  wrote:

> gsm wrote:
>>> Define "fairly late":  Redhat Linux was first released in Nov '94 which
>>> is pretty early.
>>

>> Late for me, early for you.
>>
>> Geoff.
>>

> Yeah, Yggdrasil sure showed 'em !
>
> [rolleyes]
>
> --Patrick

Hey! I've got my Yggdrasil Plug-and-Play Linux from fall of '94 right here.
Comes with a 90-some page manual, a boot floppy and a CD-ROM.

I liked it since I didn't have to dig around the Internet on a 2400 modem to
find all the pieces I needed to put together the typical install of the
time, not to mention tracking down all the drivers, etc.

Times have changed :-)

Steve