[rescue] [geeks] FS: Pair of Opteron 248s

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 18 16:07:52 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 02:00:35PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> These are Socket 940, and will work great in this cheap $8.99-clearance
> motherboard.  I've built one system with this board so far and have another
> on the way:
> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=K8N-DRE-SATA-PB&cpc=SCH

BTW, if anybody else buys one of these boards, be aware that the included
heatsink backplates are meant for the (not included) 1U fanless heatsinks.
You'll need a pair of these backplates/brackets to use "normal"
Socket940 heatsinks/fans on the board:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200384169109

I bought two from this seller and they arrived promptly and work just fine.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas