[rescue] Ultra 5 OS

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Apr 16 10:27:41 CDT 2010

On 04/16/10 10:59, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 09:54:23AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 05:02:19PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>>> (c) Individual Use. You may use Software internally for personal,
>>> individual use.
>>
>> URL for this statement?
>
> Copied directly from the Solaris SLA on Oracle's web site, from section
> 3, "Permitted Use."
> http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/licensing/sla.xml

Ah, that appears to be much the old Sun page with a slight cosmetic
makeover (principally logo substitution).  They haven't even updated the
contact address on it.  I do not see anything there that says whether or
not "personal, individual use" still requires a paid support contract.

I just remembered I know a guy at Sun^WOracle, and will ask him later
today whether he can get official clarification on the hobbyist-license
issue and patch availability for same.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.