[rescue] Need Wordperfect for Solaris Sparc

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Apr 11 11:29:29 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 09:55:39AM -0500, greenacres at fastmail.fm wrote:

>"If you've run WordPefect on UNIX before (the versions are all very
>close), then you know what you should expect, if not you may be very
>dissapointed."

> I have never used Wordperfect on UNIX before. I don't expect it to be
> the same as the Windows versions, but I assumed that versions 6&7 are a
> GUI version that is similar to versions 6&7 for Windows which I liked.
> If I'm wrong about that, please explain.

I don't remember the details, but from what I could remember, WordPerfect
for UNIX was a GUI word processor that used the same file format as some
of the DOS/Windows versions, and was nothing like them.

I know that does not help. Sorry.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.