[rescue] Need Wordperfect for Solaris Sparc

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Apr 11 09:45:51 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:30:07AM -0400, Nemo wrote:

>Perhaps not.  I used the Java-version but it was not a local thing --
>the binary was
>downloaded from a server.  (And incidentally, I agree with the WP 3.5e comment.
>As readers probably know, the UNIX versions were distributed as
>obfuscated source
>and compiled on the individual boxes.)

Didn't they also use some sort of bizzare license key thing? I know the
Linux version (which was based on the UNIX version) did. Eventually Corel
released that one as free (as in beer), and if I remember correctly just
told everyone the same license key, if you did not have one.

I don't think the UNIX versions were ever released as free.

I had it installed on the one RedHat 7.2 box I was still running up until
a year or so ago when I downgraded it to UBUNTU.

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.