[rescue] some stuff i want to get rid of, and some stuff i want

saquinn624 saquinn624 at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 18:43:21 CDT 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 11:53:28 PM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

Sync on green is required, iirc...

The battery is a known achillies heel for these boxes as well (a $20
part last time I looked)...

Lionel

On Sep 22, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> kyle wrote:
>> I dug up a Dec Multia. Tonight was the first time it was booted since
>> around 1999/2000(it used to be a radius server for ppp dial-ins). I'm
>> not getting anything to display, so maybe someone can fix this or use
>> parts from it. Maybe it's just the battery? It was working when it
>> was
>> decommissioned. I'm lazy, so free & local pickup only(NYC metro area
>> or Boston metro area, depending part of the week).
>
> Where in the New York metro area?
>
> Peace... Sridhar
I have a Multia, and I think that it works with most PC standard monitors. I
have found a sequence of events that leads to no video, though:

System flashed with the OpenVMS capable SRM
Battery dies ->

no video.

I haven't exhaustively tested fixes, but what I wound up having to do is:

Flash the standard Multia SRM
Put in a new battery (this can be done as step 1)
Re-flash the OpenVMS SRM.

Replacing the battery alone didn't seem to cut it.