[rescue] SGI Workstations in Need of Rescue

mpickering at mindspring.com mpickering at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 9 13:09:53 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of cleaning out my storage unit and have a number of SGI machines in need of new homes.  Would there be any interest in the following hardware:

SGI Personal Iris
SGI Personal Iris 4D
SGI Indigo2 R10K (3)
SGI Indigo2 R4K (1 R4000, 1 R4000 I believe)
SGI Indy

These were all functional when they went into storage and configurations are mixed.  Most have hard drives and memory, video configurations vary, some have optical drives.  I also have a extra Octane I might be able to part with if there is interest.  I also have a stack of spare parts for Onyx/Challenge, some promotional material, spare memory, SCSI drives and so on.

I'm local to Washington DC.  Willing to drop off within reasonable distance.

All free to good homes.  I really don't want to take rare hardware like the Personal Iris to the landfill (and won't if I can avoid it).

Matt