[rescue] SunBlade 2000.... doesn't power on

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Sep 8 21:00:28 CDT 2009

Jonathan Patschke wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Sep 2009, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
>
>> Oh, this unit has 20'02 and "twenty years of innovation" on the
>> plastic around the front lit Sun Logo....  do all SB2000s have that ?
>
> Nope, it was a limited edition, and quite a budget-buster seven years
> ago:
>
>     http://sun.systemnews.com/fullsource?article=6135

Hrm.... mine is quite different from the specs there...

I have 1 900Mhz Cu processor
I have 1G of RAM
I don't have the SunPC card
I only have 1 72G Drive
Video card is PGX64

So... unless they offered lesser configs of this, or all SB2000's have
that twentieth
anniversary badging (what little I find is confusing... talking about
SB1000s are
now SB2000s, etc), then when this was relatively new, someone swapped in
lesser
SB2000 parts (while still new) for the new parts in this one....
including swapping out
blanking plates, cpu block off plate, etc... as inside this unit looked
untouched, not
a spec of dust.

I have the original box (a bit hacked up), is there any data from the
box or from the
computer that I can use to verify the specs of this unit as sold ?
(I'll go through
the two small boxes that were in the large one and see if any original
paperwork
indicating configuration is in there)

Would love to max out the CPUs and RAM... but doubt I can afford to do
that :-(
(uses 1G DIMMs, right ?).  CPUs max out at 1200 ?

-- Curt