[rescue] Mac IIfx compatible NuBus video card.

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Oct 26 07:19:17 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:34:32AM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:

> Might want to remove the main logic board and check the caps for
> leakage. It's an issue that plagued a lot of Mac II and similar era
> Macs.

While you are at it, make sure that you did not disturb the RAM, etc.

Just out of curiosity what do you do with it? Lots of computers ran AU/X and
these days finding one should not be too difficult, and I expect that they
will all be free or close to it.

I recently lent a 15 pin Mac to VGA adapter to someone to use on a PPC Mac,
and he had trouble with it. His Lenovo CRT monitor refused to work at all
with it (the first time I had ever heard of such a problem) and an LCD
monitor would work for a minute then a message from the monitor itself would
come on the screen telling him to increase the resolution.

In the end he found another CRT monitor which worked.

Geoff.