[rescue] Awesome rescue

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Mar 31 13:34:36 CDT 2009

Found one of these at Goodwill Computerworks today.  Generic brown
cardboard box, with a $9.95 price tag.

A Hitachi ePlate.

http://www.pygmy.com/P-HPW600ETd.htm

Brought it home, its in perfect shape (almost looks unused, screen
protector is still in the bag, modem and serial cable still sealed, etc).
Screen looks *perfect* and backlight is still bright.

What did I have to do to "fix" it?  Buy a $1.49 CR2302 battery from CVS.

Neat little WinCE 3.0 tablet PDA thing.  Wonder if I can get a USB keyboard
to work... would then make an awesome Hyperterminal system.

Plus, it has SOLITAIRE.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford