[rescue] OS9 anyone?

Christopher Purdy escher2 at chartermi.net
Mon Mar 30 04:32:53 CDT 2009

 >9.0 or 9.0.4? English (US), English (UK)? Z (English everywhere else),
 >or any number of foreign languages.
 >
 >To run native on a specific computer (e.g. iMac G3), generic (retail),
or "Classic Mode" (under OSX)?

 >I have mostly US retail and specific, at least one UK, one Hebrew
and a
 >DVD for installing many different languages under Classic.

 >Note that no version can be downgraded, e.g. 9.1 can not be downgraded
 >to 9.0.4 (needed for SheepShaver), but any version can be upgraded in
 >steps, 9.0 to 9.0.4, either to 9.1, 9.1 to 9.2 and 9.2 to 9.2.1 and
9.2.1
 >to 9.2.2.

 >Hardware specific versions can not be ungraded either, you can't
convert
 >an iMac G3 install disk (originaly grey) to a retail (originaly
white) disk.

 >Geoff.

Hmmm.... thats a good point.

I have a couple older Pre-G3 macs that I was going to tinker with....
I also was instested in Sheepshaver as well...  And Possible running a
classic Environment in OSX..

So from what I gather - I would need two versions.  9.0.4 for
Sheepshaver, and at least 9.1 for classic in OSX.

- Chris