[rescue] Replacing Linksys WRT54GS with a Netra T105

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Mon Mar 23 20:58:13 CDT 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Steve Hatle wrote:

> On 3/23/09 5:31 PM, "Mark Brown"  wrote:
>
>> Hey!
>>
>> I'd like to replace my Linksys device that runs my ADSL connection here
>> at home with a Netra box I'm about to rescue from the office.
>>

> I can't speak to ipf on Solaris, but I run ipf on Netra T105s with OpenBSD
> and they are nice and solid.

Steve,

aren't you running pf on OpenBSD/sparc64?   they wrote pf several versions
ago on licensing issues to replace ipf.

i run OpenBSD on several sun machines as routers and find pf a pleasure to
configure for very complex networks.   it's differences from ipf and
ipfilter are substantial but go in a good direction for complex issues.

-ron