[rescue] Sun is purple - not blue....

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Mar 18 15:04:35 CDT 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> I was under the impression that Sun's chips were faster under integer
> workloads but not as fast under floating-point workloads.

I don't think Sun's been able to beat IBM's integer performance since IBM
released POWER4+.  POWER5 and POWER6 are silly fast, and IBM actually
groks virtualization, which is rather critical to using that much
horsepower effectively.

--
Jonathan Patschke ( "They don't have the right to read a book out loud."
Elgin, TX         (                  --Paul Aiken