[rescue] Sun is purple - not blue....

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Mar 18 13:20:33 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 02:10:25PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>I wasn't overly impressed by the K5s, but I had a K6-III machine that
>served me very well for years.  The K6-III I had was a 233MHz part that,
>at the time, outperformed any Pentium I could buy, and did it for less
>money.

Their purchased from National Semiconductor Geode line of that time
(2002/2003) was pretty good. Then they stopped making the Pentium 233 Geode,
and produced an ARM Geode that they could not give away. The next Geode
was a 1gHz Athalon processor that used only 6 watts at maximum.

Compared to VIA's products and corporate policies of the time, they were
pretty nice.

Geoff.