[rescue] Sun is purple - not blue....

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:01:57 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:14 PM,  "William Enestvedt"
<William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
> Apple buying Sun? Can you imagine Steve "I must control everything" Jobs
> taking commits for his operating system from the opensolaris community?
> HAHAHA!

Actually we already know what Stevie's idea of such a company is -
Next. That has it's pluses and minuses. I'll leave it as an exercise
for the reader to assign them... ;)

>   Actually, Earl, we talked about that very idea this morning, too, but
> the culture clash there just may be greater than the Sun/IBM disjoint.
> *shrug* Sure would be fun, though. :7)

Of that, I have no doubt. A titanium cube server (without fans, of
course) with iPods for each workgroup member, perhaps? And iTunes on
Solaris...

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.