[rescue] Sun is purple - not blue....

Doug Simmons dsimmons at lib.siu.edu
Wed Mar 18 11:00:59 CDT 2009

It ain't about workstations. It's about big iron. And from that
perspective, as well as the one where OEM parts are 3-10 times more
expensive than 3rd-party ones, and where you pay through the nose to be
able to call and have a team of five in the datacenter by 8am, IBM fits,
I guess. And yet, if I ever had to bet my life (or someone else's) on
server uptime, I'd buy Sun.

Just one man's opinion.

Doug Simmons
Procedures & Systems Analyst II