[rescue] Sun is purple - not blue....

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Mar 18 10:33:46 CDT 2009

Mark Brown wrote:
> Not sure if anyone has been watching this - some depressing news ...
>
> http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/18/ibm-in-talks-to-buy-sun-microsystems/
>
> sigh

With a little thought, it sounds like win-win to me.

IBM gets Java and gets to stick a finger in HP's eye, as noted.  IBM
also gets Sun's customer base and the expertise behind ZFS.

Sun gets access to IBM's patent library, POWER processors, and the
backing and resources of a computer company that still understands the
value of real server/workstation computers (as compared to reselling
badge-engineered lowest-bidder commodity shit, not like I'd mention any
names of course).

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.