[rescue] Sun is purple - not blue....

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:21:45 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Doug Simmons <dsimmons at lib.siu.edu> wrote:

> That's it. To hell with computers, I'm going back to carpentry.
>
> Doug Simmons
> Procedures & Systems Analyst II
> Morris Library Systems
> Mail Code 6632
> Southern Illinois University

sun has been in demise for years.
their back-breaking deal with microsoft marked the beginning of the end  (as
similar deals that other, now defunct, companies made with microsoft).
their help of microsoft in the sco fiasco was an indication of just how
desparate they were.
solaris & opensolaris have been shifting to linux for years.

sunos/bsd was great though!