[rescue] Netra X1 HD tray

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:36:48 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Jonathan J. M. Katz <jon at jonworld.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Mark Brown <sunrescue at marknmel.com> wrote:
>
>> My X1 had a spare spud installed.  Have you looked inside yet?
>>
>> Yes, the ide works much better than that of an Ultra-5/10.  I suspect it
>> still has the 128GB limit though....
>>
> No idea from this end. The X1s shipped with 40GB drives, max, per the
> handbook. The V100s did 80GB.

http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/validateUser.do?target=Systems/Netra_X1/
components

My assumption is that this has more to do with heat than anything else
- I noticed the chassis has room for two tiny fans on the end opposite
the P/S, do other models have two fans instead of the one fan and
cover plate mine has?

In retrospect it might have been better to have a faster/later rev.
MB, for the faster CPU and increased RAM capacity (2 Gig vs. 1 Gig for
my 400 MHz board), but it should be fine... It will be replacing a
thouroughly under-utilized U5 with a 440 MHz CPU, which should open up
a few U spaces on the rack (1U vs 2-3U for the Ultra 5)...

Lionel
--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com