[rescue] Netra X1 HD tray

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:32:22 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Mark Brown <sunrescue at marknmel.com> wrote:
> My X1 had a spare spud installed.  Have you looked inside yet?
>
> Yes, the ide works much better than that of an Ultra-5/10.  I suspect it
> still has the 128GB limit though....
>
> /M
>
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>
>> I got a Netra X1 a while ago (400 Mhz, 1 Gig RAM, one HD installed) a
>> little while ago, and I was thinking I'd like a second HD inside the
chasis.

>> I don't think I have a $40+ need, but I'm curious if anyone has one
>> available? The one on eBay is about $40, while a whole X1 is about the
same
>> price.
>>
>> Also, how bad is the IDE controller in these? Same as U5/U10 boxes or
>> better? I know they have the 137 Gig limit, but how is the performance?
All
>> I want to do is make a small install server, so no loss if it is the same
as
>> a U5/U10, I've never used an SB100, which are similar to the X1, as I
>> understand it.

Yes, I've checked. My Netra X1 once had a second drive (the IDE cable
is still in the case), but the second drive/tray were removed.

I was pleased to see that my unit had the full compliment of RAM (4x
256 Meg - it's a 400 MHz CPU system), but I was not a winner in the
"spare drive tray" lottery... (Or, sadly, the Power Ball Lottery
either)

Glad to hear the IDE seems better, the limit, BTW, is 137 Gig as I
recall, but that's fine - one or two New Old Stock 80 Gig IDE drives
are all I plan to put in there... First I need to up my current
Install Server to serve-up the latest Solaris, then I can throw it on
this box and migrate the images over.

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com