[rescue] Solaris Zone customization

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sun Mar 15 20:30:38 CDT 2009

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> I can't seem to figure out how to customize what get setup in a new
> zone.  Currently, every time a launch a new zone, it brings my 1GB
> server to its knees because it launches several services I never want
> (webconsole, webadmin, wbem, CDE) including two monstrous java processes
> that are killed when I disable several services and have to be killed
> manually.  What service are those java programs associated with anyway?

svcs -a shows you what is running.

I usually disable cde-* , wbem, webconsole, volfs , autofs (plus edit
/etc/auto_*), stfsloader, etc.

You can easily script most or all of this, it is just

for a in `cat disable-services.txt`
do
svcadm disable $a
done

I think I usually do "netservices limited" then go from there.

Sun has changed some of the names and added/deleted services from
release to release, so YMMV.

--Patrick