[rescue] New Member and already the first question (Sun 3/80 Magic Smoke)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Mar 10 19:27:06 CDT 2009

David Reichelt wrote:
> Hi folks,
> my name is David, iB4m from germany and some of you might know me
> because of some posts of mine in the comp.sys.sun.hardware newsgroup.
>
> Through Google i found this link:
> http://www.nabble.com/Sun-3-80-magic-smoke-td17169022.html
> which brought me straight to you.
>
> My sun 3/80 has exact the same problem and i would be very glad if
> some of you found a way to fix it. Are there any news?
No news... I didn't have time to track it down... nor do I have good
equip to help
locate shorts.... and of course I don't have schematics to help localize
where best to
look.

R.Stricklin indicated in the thread he has a couple of 3/80s with this
symptom...
maybe he has had a chance to look (if so, enlighten us please :-) ).

-- Curt