[rescue] Hercules follow up - More IBM emulation fun

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Mar 1 22:50:52 CST 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 09:42:25PM -0600, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Anyway, I now have a clean, error free compile.  My question to the
> group, is what are you doing with it?

Running OS/360 (from a couple years ago):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/3272463113/

Running VM/370:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/3102161972/

Running the "Turnkey" MVS 3.8J (under Hercules/Windows):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/3100147918/

I've also run a fairly recent z/OS (current name for MVS) on it, but IBM
doesn't like people talking about that.

I've got a collection of useful bookmarks:
http://delicious.com/mrbill/hercules

> Are there some basics you are going through to come up to speed?  Is
> this just something people with a mainframe history are playing with?

Right now I'm just fiddling around with it to become basically familiar
with IBM mainframe stuff.  It's so "alien" compared to what I do at work
every day that I enjoy learning about it.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas