[rescue] Wanted: 5.25" 1.2M floppy drive

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Tue Jun 30 01:59:15 CDT 2009

gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 01:21:40AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> Anybody got one (preferrably a made-for-IBM) lying around that they'll sell
>> to me cheap?  I need to make some images from some old Lotus 1-2-3
>> floppies.
>
> I seem to remember that they were copy protected. Anyone know for sure?

1-2-3 was copy protected, yes.  iirc, they put an intentional
bad-in-a-certain-pattern sector on the disk.  Total pain in the ass for
a university computer lab.  And they never did understand why people
ditched them for the competition as soon as there was viable competition...

That said, we have a 5.25" floppy we could probably spare.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.