[rescue] Older x86 UNIXes? ATT SysV?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jun 7 18:38:56 CDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 07:14:13PM -0400, John Floren wrote:
> Seconding this request... I'd love to try SysV on 386.

I have a long-standing desire to pick up a circa-1991 AT&T 6386 SX/EL WGS
and run AT&T's version of SysV for 386 on it.

(not the "regular" 6386, because it uses a nonstandard keyboard / plug)

Why?  Because the tower version of the 6386 was one of the first "real
UNIX" systems I ever saw in person, when I toured the local electric co-op
in grade school (they had that doing weather maps and such; their VAX ran
all the important things).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford